AD – this blog post is part of a paid project. All thoughts and words are my own.
Delamere Dairy supplies a wide range of goat and cow’s milk products all across the UK, Europe and beyond. From what started as a small family business in Cheshire’s beautiful Delamere forest with the purchase of three goats back 1985, Delamere Dairy is now a successful award winning company who pride themselves on their animal welfare, recyclable packaging and partnerships.
Benefits of goat’s product:
• Goat’s cheese has more protein and less calories than cow’s cheese.
• Goat’s cheese contains calcium, phosphorus and copper which are essential for healthy bones.
• Goat’s cheese provides healthy fats which can benefit weight loss.
• Goat’s milk is easier to digest than cows milk, meaning some cow’s milk allergies may be fine drinking goat’s milk.
• Goat’s milk is high in calcium and minerals.
• Goat’s milk is great for cholesterol.
• Lots of people have seen improvements with conditions like asthma and eczema when switching from cow’s milk to goat’s milk.
Overall, goat’s products have great nutritional value so when I was challenged to create a family friendly quick recipe I was keen to give it a try.
I made goat’s cheese stuffed peppers, they were quick and easy to make and I actually made them with my 18 month old daughter running in and out of the kitchen.
• Goat’s Cheese
• Vegetable Rice
• Dash of oil
1. To begin I chopped the tops of the peppers off and scooped out the inside of them getting rid of any seeds. (Keep hold of the tops you’ll need them later!)
2. Dice the onion and fry it off. Chop the tomatoes and add them to the pan.
3. Microwave the vegetable rice (you can make your own but I found it quicker to buy a pack).
4. Mix the cooked onion, tomatoes and rice in a bowl and break up some Delamere Goat’s Cheese and mix it in.
5. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and push it down as you go to get as much as you can in.
6. Finally sprinkle some chopped chive on top and some more Delamere Goat’s Cheese (I used the plain pearls for this).
7. Pop the tops back on the peppers and pop them in the oven for 15-18 minutes at 180degrees.
8. Serve with salad topped with more goat’s cheese!
I hope you will try out this very simple and quick recipe. It’s perfect for busy mum’s or families on the go. Quick to prepare and doesn’t take long to cook. It’s super nutritious and tastes amazing.
I am keen to try other goat’s products now including milk, butter and yogurt!
You can purchase Delamere Dairy products from https://www.delameredairy.co.uk/where-to-buy/
Thank you for reading,
AD- thank you for taking the time to read my post. All words and opinions are my own.