We love Willows Activity Farm in St Alban’s, Hertfordshire so when we were invited along for the opening of Mr Tod’s Lair we were delighted!
Mr Tod’s Lair
Mr Tod’s Lair is a brand new activity playground, it boasts lots of hiding places, secret entrances, a slide and a chimney lookout.
My kids loved hiding in the cooking pot!It is situated next to The Squirrel Nutkin Playground
Secret Squirrel Nutkin Playground
This is a big, beautiful play area with lots to do! Even my husband and I had a go at seeing how far we could jump and testing out our balance. We are big kids anyway so we had lots of fun!
We were so excited to go to the Easter Eggstravaganza event as we haven’t been to this event before. (By the way, Christmas and Halloween are amazing at Willows!).
We started the Easter fun by going to the Easter Garden. The children were given a basket each and had to find 5 different coloured wooden eggs which were hidden in the garden. Once they had found the eggs they got lots of little chocolate eggs.
As you can see my kids had more than 5 in their baskets! They were super eager to find lots of eggs!
I also used the Easter Garden as a photo opportunity! The decorations were so lovely and it’s clear that a lot of effort goes into creating the scenery.
The kids had a lot of fun panning for gold! Me and Lee were eager to find 8 pieces of gold for each child as they got a prize at the end.
Roll up your sleeves your bound to get wet!
At the end of the day we handed our gold in to the shop and they were given a gold (plastic) medal.
There is so much to do at Willows as it is an activity farm you almost forget there are animals to see! We loved going into the
Maisie loved feeding the ponies by hand, I fed the horse as well he was a hungry boy! These chicks had recently hatched and the boys were talking to them!
They loved holding the guinea pigs, Archie wanted to take it home with him!
Peter Rabbit’s Adventure Playground
We spent ages in this section, the kids were so happy running around and exploring and we even had a go at the dancing game.
There was lots of places to sit too so I could feed Darcie while I watched the kids (and Lee) play.
So much to do!
Other activities we really love:
– Th Indoor Playbarn- Wooly Jumpers, it’s there all year, has soft play and lovely big slides, with a cafe too so you can get a bite to eat while the kids play.
– The Tractor is there all year too and takes you through lots of lovely scenes relevant to the event taking place; e.g Easter, Christmas. My kids loved going through the big puddles in the tractor.
– The Obstacle Course-Archie loved this and fell over a good few times. It tested his resilience and he got back up every time!
– The bouncy castle and outdoor rides are all included with your entry price which I think is fab!
– The Pig Race- we loved choosing a colour sheep, we’re a family of 6 and 6 pigs were racing so one of us had to win!
– Art and craft area inside- a lovely barn where you can create anything you wish!
We had such a lovely time at Willows Farm! If you would like to see a video you can check out our YouTube channel here!
– Book online to save money! It’s cheaper if you book in advance.
– Check out the What’s On Today Programme before you go so you can plan your day.
– Feel free to take a picnic or packed lunch there is food available at the farm but also lots of eating areas and benches too!
– Be prepares to spend the whole day at Willows! There is so so much to do!
– Have fun!! You will all go home shattered but so happy from a wonderful family day!
Thank you to Willows Activity Farm for inviting us along to the Easter Eggstravanganza. We all had a fantastic time and can’t wait to visit again soon!
The Busbys x